The Supply Chain Director will be responsible for providing an effective end-to-end supply chain and logistics service for customers. Areas that will be covered will be Production, Demand, Raw Materials, Transport and Warehouse.
- Contributing to the development and execution of the supply chain strategy and seek to maximise profitability, operational excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and continuously improve all operational, supply chain and logistical infrastructure resources to provide high quality products and services to customers.
- Collaborate with other Exco members to develop and implement a long-term supply chain strategies
- Continue to develop the Supply Chain organization in line with the organisation’s vision
- Focus on Lean Innovation to streamline the supply chain
- Oversee existing Procurement functions to insure successful achievement of service and financial goals
- Provide centralized leadership to designated aspects of construction-related procurement functions
- Focus on delivering measureable results
- Develop sustainable, long-term strategies to achieve business objectives for the Supply Chain function
- Develop best practices which can be utilized between Operating Groups
- Effectively and efficiently manage the supply chain team
- Deliver an end-to-end supply chain and logistics system and provide direction and support
Personal Attributes and Business-Related Abilities:
- Strategic leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail
. Qualifications and Experience
- Degree required preferably in Supply Chain, Business or Engineering
- An MBA will be an added advantage
- Must have CIPS qualification
- You must have excellent negotiation, communication and planning skills with the ability to lead, manage and motivate a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills in order to maintain very good relationships with different sets of people
- The ability to develop good team working abilities
- Excellent Stakeholder Management Skills
- Ability to be resilient and cope under pressure
- At least 5 years in a management position with Supply Chain
- Exposure to SAP would be beneficial but not essential
Must be a member of CIPS & ZIPS