The Senior Audit Manager will supervise and review Audit staff and seniors, manage audit compliance workflow, approve corporate Audit returns, and research unusual Audit matters. This position reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, administers the Audit Policy, and coordinates the activities of the bank’s external auditors. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet ongoing needs of the bank.
- Accountable for the development and coordination of the bank’s internal auditing activities.
- Develop and implement internal auditing policies, procedures, and program.
- Review of accounting procedures.
- Survey functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of operations, and adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives.
- Supervise or conduct independent audits of bank records and activities, and prepare varied analyses of the departments, and branches for management.
- Supervise, conduct, and report on the testing and adequacy of the bank’s internal controls over financial reporting.
- Investigate and determine causes of irregularities, and errors.
- Recommend corrective action and suggest improvement.
- Advise top management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors on audit, and internal control matters.
- Manage subordinate employees in the auditing department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performances; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Integrity, Intellectual Strength & Agility
- Are a passionate learner, and welcome opportunities to be stretched
- Bring an Entrepreneurial point of view to the Auditor role
- Are an energized professional – seeking greater responsibilities and more autonomy with clients
- Have the passion & curiosity to look through the financials into the business, to identify potential opportunities for client gain
- Are engaging & thrive building relationships internally and externally
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Accounting /Finance
- Must have professional qualification ACCA/CIMA/ZICA
- 7+ year’s current Audit planning and compliance experience
- Demonstrated skills necessary to ensure high quality client service
- Successful experience training, supervising and developing Staff
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, deadlines and budgets
- Ability to prepare financial statements
- To identify and communicate ideas to improve client service, opportunities to expand services with clients with firm partners
- To identify and communicate opportunities to improve firm culture and staff development and retention with firm partners
- Must be a member of ZICA