The IT Officer shall be in charge of Network Administration, server management, hardware and end-user support across all office branches.
- Server Administration. The officer shall make daily checks and attend to any problems that arise. The officer shall manage the following servers to ensure they are working correctly:
- Domain controller
- Mail Server
- Network Management. The officer shall ensure the entire network functions correctly at all times by keeping all networking equipment and accompanying software in good working order. This includes servers, computers, routers, switches network points, wireless access points, any other related hardware and software systems to manage everything.
- CISCO IP Phone system. The system which includes servers, phone receivers, software, routers and all other supporting equipment shall be overseen.
- Network Security and Firewalls. The officer shall ensure there is adequate security to keep hacking attacks and information theft to a minimum. He shall manage the Firewall rules to maximize internet resources.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or Degree in IT or Equivalent
- Three years of work experience in a medium to large scale organization
- Experience in hardware and software installations including Operating Systems and software for servers and desktops
- Experience with managing CISCO servers and routers is an added advantage