To increase enrolment, retention and educational achievements of sponsored children by encouraging parents to enroll their children, monitoring. Also improving the quality of teaching by mainstream schools in order to increase secondary school completion. Manage the education database and ensure effective implementation of educational policies.
- Coordinates the preparation of the education work plan and budget for the forthcoming year according to guidelines
- Monitor education program activities and outputs and budgets to ensure accountability and achievement of outcomes
- Reviews the monthly budget variances report for efficient budget planning and program implementation
- Provides technical inputs for all Education program activities and supervises Education Field Officers.
- Conducts regular meetings with Field Officers for updates and consultation and implementation of programs
- Works with community and government schools to monitor enrollment, attendance & promotion rates of students through school visits, consolidating, interpreting and Obtains & monitors the enrollment, age, grades & school performance of SC & keep track of the movement/plans/priorities of out-of-school children and youth.
- Incorporates cross-cutting issues (Child protection; Gender and Child and Youth Development Centered) in program execution
Skills & Abilities
- Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills are required
- Strong personal computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook applications
- Excellent organizational skills; must be detail-oriented and thorough
- Knowledge of the administrative principles involved in supervising personnel.
- Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness
- Working knowledge of early childhood programs and fundamental skills programming
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience, preferably in an INGO education setting
- Understanding of curriculum standards and an ability to develop educational programs which tie to Zambian standards
- Certification in Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage.